Thursday, May 21, 2009

What a surreal moment for all of us...

Hey folks! :)

So I'm sitting here at 2AM on Thursday morning trying to get every bit in of California as possible before this summer trip to India. At this particular moment, I am filled with countless emotions--I'm excited, nervous, stoked, scared-for-diarrhea (well if that's not an emotion, it should be), sleepy, and hopeful. Our Puppets in Play Team (PiP) as well as the rest of the USC Global Impact crew are about to embark on an amazing-filled summer full of surprises, challenges, and mosquito bites. Here's the link for more about the different teams involved published by the Daily Trojan. 

MY GRADUATION
I just graduated this past week from USC and things have been pretty crazy ever since. 
You would think graduation day would be crazy, but no...it's actually attempting to catch up with everyone before I leave that's even more hectic. I had such an amazing graduation, and I couldn't ask for such wonderful and supporting friends. I've included a picture just to make this blog a little more personal! [and i couldn't help but showcase my smile, just kidding! I'm on the right in a picture with my buds]

PUPPET PROJECT THUS FAR...
The puppet project has been picking up steam as-of-late, and for those of you that don't know, we're hoping to have kids participate in large scale puppet shows incorporating issues of health and hygiene to empower the community through entertainment and the arts. We thought that by reaching out to kids through creating drama clubs and programs, we could work from the inside out and create change where it would be most effective. Since plays and music are such large facets of Indian culture (ie. Bollywood), we thought that entertainment seemed like a good path to take. My amazing team members--Jennifer, Krishnan, Pip, and Nabila, will be filming these puppet shows while creating a curriculum to pass onto teachers and older students so that that these programs can continue well after we leave. We just ordered the puppets (various animals), and the team is super excited to begin our next leg of the work!

Please add us, join us, follow us, and read about our weekly ramblings, sicknesses, and amazing encounters!!!!


1 comment: